Mike Kirkup, head of developer relations at RIM, reveals some of the latest business and consumer apps he uses.
- Slacker, a slick and popular US web radio application.
- WorldMate Live, a tool for travel professionals, that holds live information on your travel itinerary and hotel bookings.
- Garmin, a navigator application which features spoken turn-by-turn directions.
- The Wall Street Journal application, a slick newspaper reader, optimised to display text cleanly on a mobile device.
- Viigo, a newsreader application that has evolved from offering news and RSS feeds to displaying stocks, weather and social networking feeds.
- BeamReader, a full-fidelity native PDF reader for the BlackBerry.
- SlingPlayer Mobile, a clever piece of software that lets you watch and control your home TV.