Construction & Engineering
Transport & Distribution
Technology & Communications
Oil & Energy
Media, Leisure and Entertainment
The 2012 CIO Summit
October 5, 2012
1. Keynote from CIO 100 leader and easyJet CIO Trevor Didcock
easyJet CIO Trevor Didcock shows just how much an organisation can do with a low IT budget, but a transformative vision.
2. Turning Point - Ibukun Adebeyo on CIO role in charity
Stories from CIOs were personal too, from Ibukun Adebayo's staff personality issues through to leadership
3. 2012 CIO Summit at The Langham
Attendance was up on 2011
4. Windows 8 - Michel Van der Bel
Microsoft UK country manager Michel Van der Bel demonstrates the new Windows 8 operating system
5. Agile mover - Shaun Mundy of Buro Happold
Agile methodologies benefit not only IT but the entire business, Shaun Mundy of engineering firm Buro Happold shows.
6. Legal thinking - Richard Hodkinson of DWF LLP
Think the legal world is old fashioned, slow and fusty? Think again, Richard Hodkinson of Manchester law firm DWF LLP told how collaboration and technology are changing the sector.
7. Panel debate
Each Summit strand featured a panel debate where the audience got to question the CIO speakers.
8. Tough call - Vodafone Global CIO Albert Hitchcock
Telecoms CIO Albert Hitchcock of Vodafone was pushed on quality of network connectivity by Veolia CIO William Payne, pictured
9. Clean ideas - William Payne Veolia CIO
Global environmental services firm Veolia is embracing mobile for workforce and customer benefit, its CIO William Payne explained.
10. Agile clouds - Laura Schroeder - EMEA Product Marketing Director, Workday
Laura Schroeder EMEA Product Marketing Director at Workday built on Shaun Mundy's agile theme and demonstrated how cloud systems can enable agilty.
11. Listen in - Ian Cohen, CIO at JLT
Financial services CIO Ian Cohen reminded all of us that listening is one of the most important skills, especially when considering new tools and ways like being a social enterprise.
12. Olympic winner - LOCOG CIO Gerry Pennell
Gerry Pennell described how technology played a key role in the success of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
13. CIO to CIO
LOCOG's Pennell answers direct questions from Olympic broadcasting CIO Andrew Jordan.
14. Post modern role - Royal Mail CIO Catherine Doran
No easy delivery expected by Catherin Doran as she modernises the Royal Mail to be a data driven organisation.
15. Lets face up to the challenge
The CIO Summit has become a key forum for the CIO community, it is a nerve wracking pleasure to create, host and be involved in.
Recommended For You
2017 CIO Summit in pictures | Highlights and photos from CIO Summit in London
2017 CIO 100 celebration in pictures