The 2019 Artificial Intelligence Half-Day Summit
- 28 February 2019
- Edward Qualtrough, Editor, CIO UK
- Free to attend
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has become one of the biggest buzzwords in the technology industry in recent years, following hotly on the coattails of Blockchain, machine learning and the much fabled ‘digital transformation’.
And yet for all the talk of Terminator-style robots, automated workforces and scares over the possibility of mass job losses, there is clearly some potential behind the hype.
Packed with presentations, panel discussions and Q&A's, the AI Half Day Summit will be an excellent opportunity for content discussion and talking to IT Leaders about AI issues that most affect their businesses.
Topics to be discussed:
- Professor Lokke Moerel will discuss Ethics in the Age of AI, exploring the ethical rules in play and how to deploy these to ensure AI applications success and can obtain social acceptance. She will also discuss practical ethical dilemmas, 'Algorithmic Accountability' and corporate AI ethics principles
- Ashraf Murtada will provide insight on applying AI through demonstrating specific business cases whilst also identifying the capabilities and the next steps you can take to ensure its success
- How are CIOS and IT Managers making artificial intelligence a business reality – from establishing the business vision to implementing appropriate processes and technologies
- Where does the industry stand today, where are we heading? How are business leaders overcoming challenges around the technology, such as lack of skills, the possibility of system bias, IT ethics, and training AI systems on reliable business data
- How you can take your next steps on your AI journey?
More speakers to be confirmed over the coming weeks.
Professor Lokke Moerel, Senior of Counsel, Morrison & Foerster
Professor Lokke Moerel is a leading global expert on new technologies and cyber, Senior of Counsel within the leading global technology law firm Morrison & Foerster (Berlin) and Professor of global technology and law at Tilburg University.
Professor Moerel has shaped frontier global AI projects, combining global data assets of multinationals in the health care, financial services, technology and recruitment sectors with the deep mind technologies of U.S. tech giants to create next generation AI solutions.
Ashraf Murtada, Deputy IT Director - Data Engineering & Delivery, HMRC
Ashraf Murtada is an entrepreneurial senior technology leader with two decades of experience. With technical depth and breadth and proven leadership. Ashraf shaped and delivered significant digital transformations in a variety of industries and organisations, whether on the supplier side or the client side.
Currently, Ashraf focuses on data-led innovation applying the latest emerging technologies like AI, ML, Big Data and advanced analytics and employing new ways of working. At HMRC he leads a large-scale engineering function that he built from scratch within one of the UK's largest central government departments. He's the head of profession for Data Engineering, AI and ML in the organisation.
Who should attend
This event is for senior IT professionals. Unfortunately no consultants or employees from consultancies may attend
For further information email: [email protected]