CIO Roundtable Dinner: Tackling the cultural and technological challenges of digital transformation
- 30 October 2019
- Edward Qualtrough, Editor, CIO UK
- Free to attend
UK enterprises are reaping some early rewards from ongoing digital transformation programmes, but business leaders and CIOs in particular are still experiencing technological challenges which emerge after the initial cultural hurdles related to people, processes and organisational structure. That is according to research released by Wipro Digital in September 2019.
You are invited to join a group of your peers at this exclusive CIO UK roundtable dinner, hosted with partners Wipro Digital, to discuss with fellow CIOs, CTOs, technology executives and business leaders how organisations are tackling the technological and cultural challenges to digital transformation programmes.
In particular you will get the opportunity to discuss as a group securing executive support and buy-in from outside IT, the necessity to introduce new ways of working across the organisation and how to go about building rapport with line of business leaders to give digital transformation initiatives the best chances of success and ensure they are not seen as being purely technology or IT projects.
Wipro Digital's worldwide study also suggested that UK-based organisations were somewhat more modest in their digital transformation aspirations than their global peers - as such we will also investigate the risk appetite for true disruptive business model innovation as part of digital transformation initiatives.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Addressing the people, process and structural challenges to digital transformation initiatives
- How to deal with digital transformation leaders and sponsors leaving an organisation
- Securing executive buy-in and building rapport with line of business leaders
- From digitising processes to digitising a business - are UK CIOs being too modest in their digital transformation ambitions?
- Maintaining momentum during digital transformation programmes
- Technological known unknowns, and the best preparations CIOs can make for technology issues that may emerge later in transformation initiatives.
7.00pm - 7.30pm - Registration and networking drinks
7.30pm - 9.30pm - Dinner and discussion
9.30pm onwards - After dinner drinks and close
Who should attend
Please note that this event is open to senior IT leaders from enterprise companies only. Registration does not guarantee your place at this event, and you will be contacted with confirmation of your attendance.
For further information email: [email protected]