More than 60 percent of the respondents to a poll by technology website PC Advisor believe the iPad's days as the dominant tablet are numbered, with the majority of these predicting that the Microsoft Surface can beat Apple's all-conquering device.
Asked 'Can Microsoft's Surface tablet beat Apple's iPad?', 23 percent of the 1,868 voters answered 'Yes, eventually all Apple innovations are overtaken', and 27 percent ticked 'Yes, Surface looks fantastic', for a neat total of 50 percent in the Microsoft camp.
A further 11 percent believed Android would be the iPad killer.
A loyal 29 percent weren't having any of all this, however, voting for the answer 'No, Apple iPad is too dominant', and 9 percent of respondents didn't know.